Profile: Mark Barker, Professional Counsellor, Hampshire
I have an advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Integrative), have completed a Royal College of Nursing accredited course, and am an
accredited member of the National Counselling Society and the Hampshire Association of
Counselling Practitioners. I work within their moral and ethical framework.
I am a Tutor for a Nationally Recognised training provider where I teach year 2 and year 3 Diploma level studies in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I continue to study and train in areas of relevant topics in order to keep abreast of current trends and ideas including sports psychology, motivation,
mind power and positive performance achievement.
I volunteer my counselling services to a local Cancer Support Centre, dealing with
the challenges surrounding the diagnosis of cancer, on the individual, their family, friends and relationships in general.
I have particular experience in:
- Abuse, including bullying in teenagers.
- Relationship difficulties and can offer mediation (conflict resolution) to couples who are experiencing problems within their
relationship or who are struggling with separation or divorce.
Mediation may be beneficial to:
- Couples who are in conflict with each other, enabling them to be brought together in a safe and unbiased environment in order to
discuss and resolve issues such as financial disagreements, welfare of children/dependents, equitable split of possessions etc.
Mediation may improve harmony and communication within a relationship thus reducing stress and anxiety.
- Conflicts within the workplace involving disputes between colleagues or management.
- Conflicts within the community (neighbours etc.).
I use an integrative approach whereby I may use one of more styles of counselling to tailor the sessions to the needs of the client.
It is important to be adaptable because no two issues or people are the same and what works for one may not work for another.
I work in Alverstoke Gosport and welcome clients from the surrounding area.
I am fully insured and receive regular supervision.